COVID-19 Status Update
In light of the government's response to the current COVID-19 viral pandemic yesterday, even though our event isn't until the end of June, there is understandably a lot of uncertainty over the current situation.
I'm am sure that many of our guests have questions on what plans we have in place for the Music Barn Festival. We’ve pulled together some answers to a few of the most common queries. Please remember this is an ever-unfolding situation and we will, of course, keep providing regular updates on where we’re at this end as we venture further into this path of unknowns.
Thanks for your support and remember to wash your hands, keep yourselves, your loved ones and neighbours safe, and look out for those more vulnerable than ourselves.
Question...Will the Music Barn Festival go ahead?
At this stage, yes. We still have 3 months until the Festival on 20th June. We’ve been in meetings over the past week, scenario planning and running various risk assessments and at this stage we feel confident that we will be able deliver a festival by then.
Question... What happens if all events are cancelled for the foreseeable future?
If the government forces all events to cancel for an unspecified amount of time we would investigate two potential scenarios.
1. Postponing the event . After looking at all the medical predictions and advice coming from UK government, Public Health England, the NHS and the World Health Organisation, it is understood, at this time, that by August the main threat of COVID-19 should have dissipated and most industries should be back up and running.
2. Cancel the event and refund ticket holders. In the unlikely event is cancelled because of a government imposed lock down then Music Barn will look to refund ticket holders their ticket fares.
Question... Can I get a refund if the festival isn't cancelled?
We will provide refunds only if the festival is cancelled or there is unmitigated circumstances. These refunds will be decided upon on a case by case basis.
We will of course constantly monitor this as more information unfolds over the coming months.